Kampala | RedPepper Digital – Top tier bank, DTB Uganda, on Wednesday, November 11, joined hands with the High Commission of India to Uganda, the Indian Women Association of Uganda amongst other entities at Fareway Hotel in Kampala ahead of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in organizing a 40 days free artificial limb fitment camp.
The event was organized in order to raise funds and other resources to extend artificial limb fitment services at a free cost to Ugandans who lost their limbs and are not in a position to pay for a replacement.
Speaking at the event, H.E Mr. Ajay Kumar the High Commissioner of India to Uganda thanked all those who went an extra mile to put a smile on the faces of the less privileged Ugandans and encouraged everyone to continue contributing to the cause.
Mr. Thambi, the MD DTB Uganda encouraged everyone to always be willing to help another in unprecedented times such as these.
During the same event, he highlighted that we should continue observing the SOPs to the dot so as to flatten the COVID-19 curve.
- RDCs SHAKE UP SECRETS LEAK
- South Sudanese Tycoon Achai Wiir Celebrates Birthday in Style
- FINALLY! Schools Reopen after 2year of COVID-19 Lockdown
- HEADS MUST ROLL! URA boss Orders Military Intelligence to probe Clearing firm for ‘thieving’ Ex-VP Son’s cargo worth UGX 8 billion
- MTN MoMo offers safe, convenient mode of school fees payment
- THE TRUTH! Secrets why Museveni removed Col Nakalema
- EYES ON U! After MTN listing, Stock Market looks to Airtel in 2022
- UNMASKED! Secrets nobody told you about new EC boss Leonard Mulekwah
Dr. Orowotho Nobat the Orthopedic head at Mulago Hospital and Dr. Rosemary Byanyima the Deputy Executive Director Mulago said that the initiative would not only benefit those living with disabilities but also our Ugandan technicians who will learn from Indian experts in the due course.