Masaka has always been an opposition stronghold but the priests have always chosen their words carefully.
Fr. Mugisha is especially newsworthy because he is supposed to belong to the so-called privileged “western” tribes and the opposition’s joy that a Mugisha can attack Yoweri is understandable.
The Pope’s recent blessing for homosexual weddings has already stunned Ugandan Catholics and some are quietly in rebellion. Now, Fr. Mugisha’s direct attack on a political leader (M7) and his party (NRM) will further split this church.
Why? Because the NRM/M7 opposition to homosexuality is well-known while the Pope has changed that of the Roman Catholic Church to open support.
That is why the international homo-lobby even gave Hon Wine Kyagulanyi an award last year for pledging to defend their rights in Uganda. Did I mention that Kyagulanyi is Roman Catholic?
Don’t be surprised to hear Muslim clerics praying for Hon Haji Kasolo to save him from Fr. Mugisha’s pulpit curse, or Church of Uganda zealots offering similar prayers to Yoweri…
- Dr. MESHARCH KATUSIIMEH: Open Letter to President Yoweri Museveni: It is time to fully open schools |OPED
- LoP calls for enhanced funding to Health sector
- Three Cheat death in Beer truck Accident
- Ways to Fix a Broken Relationship with Your Boyfriend
- BUSINESS: MTN Uganda, Britam in new partnership
That is how careless utterances breed unfortunate political conjectures and nurture them into political positions. I rest my sad case.