Jinja – The long-awaited results of the National Resistance Movement (NRM) party primary elections for Jinja City Woman Member of Parliament (MP) was finally declared on Wednesday morning in favour of Annet Musika.
Nearly three weeks after the party primaries held on 4th September, 2020 Musika a former Councilor for Budondo and secretary for Production at Jinja District Local Government was declared by Kigyagi Arimpa John , the Deputy Chairperson NRM Electoral Commission with 11,597 defeating her six rivals.
Musika’s contenders were; Sobya Irene Milika who polled 7,410, Namuyomba Mary 3,885, Mirembe Esther 2,360, Kabanda Loy Lovisa213, Naigaga Leah Tumukunde 8,263 and Nabukalu Nusura Juma with 1,015.
It should be remembered that Musika withdrew from the 2016 NRM primaries citing malpractices where she claimed the electoral officials had been bribed which saw the incumbent Loy katali declared winner.
- Contractors Lobby for More Funds as UGX23Bn Kabale Market Risks Stalling
- Vince Musisi’s Akaboozi ku Boda makes debut on eebo World Despite Numerous Challenges in Filming show
- Teenager Stuns Opponent, wins Kanungu Youth chair
- INTERVIEW: Fintech, bank partnerships will deepen financial inclusion – MTN GM Mutana
- DETOOTHED! Simbamanyo Estates Loses Prime Property over bank loan Again
Musika will face opposition and NRM displeased candidates. Others vying for the position include Mariah Namuwanga and Manjeri Kyebakutika of People Power, Sabrina Lukalu , Racheal Janet Kyemba, Enid Nabukwasi of FDC among others .