Kampala – National broadcaster, Uganda Broadcasting Cooperation (UBC) has confirmed that 10 of their staff tested positive for novel coronavirus.
According to Spokesperson Wilfred Senyange, UBC took a decision to conduct testing of all staff as a safety measure for their staff and the public at large.
“UBC has ten confirmed cases of COVID-19. The cases are from 322 samples that were taken on August 21 at the Kampala office for which 160 samples have been received,” he said in a statement dated August 26.
He added the UBC management together with the health ministry have since embarked on the recommended health care Management processes for all the affected persons and commenced contact tracing.
“The cooperation would like to assure the general public that we are committed to playing our part in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic,” reads the statement in part.
Senyange further added that they shall continue to serve the public while observing the SOPs that were put in place.
- I will crush the mafia – PM Nabbanja
- Sweet Side Dish Snares Her Mother-in-Law For Mr. Hyena
- Mildmay Hospital Goes Digital On Covid-19 Testing Amidst Outcry Of High Testing Fee
- CRIME! Mitooma Reverend arrested over Defilement
- GERMAN POLLS: Centre-left Secure narrow win against Merkel’s party
As of August 25,2020, Uganda’s cumulative Coronavirus cases are 2,524.