A Kenyan man has been charged for allegedly sharing pictures of Kenyan soldiers killed last week by militant Islamist group al-Shabab in Somalia.
Eddy Reuben Illah denied publishing the photos on the messaging service WhatsApp and was remanded in custody.
Prosecutors said the images were likely to cause fear and alarm.
Al-shabab said it had killed more 100 Kenyan soldiers when it raided an African Union base outside the town of al-Adde on Friday.
The Kenyan military has denied the claim but has not come up with its own casualty figures.
The bodies of four soldiers killed in the fighting were repatriated to the capital, Nairobi, on Monday night.
At least 20 soldiers have so far returned home, some critically wounded.
Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Kenya has refused to mention the number of soldiers killed or injured in the attack
Kenya contributes more than 4,000 troops to the 22,000-strong AU force that is in Somalia helping the UN-backed government battle al-Shabab, which is linked to al-Qaeda.
Despite the attack, President Uhuru Kenyatta says the country remains “unbowed and undeterred” in the fight against the militants who want to establish an Islamic state in Somalia.
Al-Shabab was ousted from the capital, Mogadishu, in August 2011, but still has a presence in large areas of southern Somalia and often stages attacks across the country.