Hamas and Israel have both agreed to respect a five-hour ceasefire in Gaza after nine days of fighting.
The Israeli military said it would stop firing from 10:00 to 15:00 (07:00-12:00 GMT) on Thursday to allow residents in Gaza to stock up on supplies.
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zukhri later confirmed that his group would also stop rocket attacks in that time.
Officials in Gaza say Israeli raids have left 220 Palestinians dead. Hamas rocket attacks have killed one Israeli.
Israeli army officer Brig Gen Yoav Mordechai told BBC Arabic that the ceasefire had been requested by the UN and other international organisations.
An Israeli military statement warned that Israel would respond “firmly and decisively” should Hamas launch attacks during the ceasefire window.
Four children were among those killed in Israeli strikes on Wednesday. They died while playing on a beach near Gaza City.
The Israeli military said they were “carefully investigating” the incident, adding that “based on preliminary results, the target of this strike was Hamas terrorist operatives”.
“The reported civilian causalities from this strike are a tragic outcome,” the statement said.
Israel launched its military operation on 8 July with the stated objective of halting Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel.
However, the UN says most of those killed in Gaza have been civilians.
Israel accuses Hamas of hiding its military infrastructure within the civilian population.
Meanwhile, reports in Israeli media say Hamas has presented a list of 10 prerequisites for a 10-year truce with Israel.
The demands reportedly include the easing of the economic blockade on Gaza and a stop to Israeli strikes on the territory, as well as the construction of an airport and seaport.