Oilibya MT Elgon Rally 2013
1. John Consta/Musa Nsubuga 2:33:45
2. Ronald Sebuguzi/Bashil Mbogo 2:35:39
3. Dr. Ashraf Ahmed/ Peter Stone 2:39:53
4. Abdu Sempebwa/ Francis Wamala 2:56:36
5. Wilbert ‘Pole Pole’ /Michael Kizito 3:18:04
6. Patrick Sebambulide /Rahma Mohamed 3:21:38
7. Laila Blick/Leon Ssenyange 3:29:35
8. Salim Kyebagadha/ Ibrahim Waiswa 3:40:04
9. Jaffer Kamya/ Hakim Mawanda 3:58:14
10. Musa Muliika/ Uarban Mulindwa 4:07:25
It was a dream come true for nenowned local driver John Consta as the 31 year old raced to victory in the OiLibya Mt Elgon Rally in Mbale on Saturday.
Consta navigated by Musa Nsubuga savoured a maximum 120 seconds lead to finish 2:33:45 and ahead of former National Rally Championship winner Ronald Ssebuguzi (2:35:39) and Dr. Ashraf Ahmed (2:39:53) who came third.
Only 10 of the 21 cars that started the rally on Friday managed to reach the finish line. Some of the causalities include Zambian champion Kenneth Mukosa, who blew his engine in the super special stage and early favourite, Hardeep Rehsi of Kenya.
Notable absentee was African Rally Championship and Uganda 2013 champion Jas Mangat.