The fire that broke up at around 11:15pm at Pan Afric hotel in Lira town left property worth 200m burnt to ashes.
It is believed that the fire started from the kitchen that is near the Electricity meter box, due to unstable power supply, the fire was ignited.
Bonny Oleny, a guard at Panic Afric hotel said that upon seeing the flames, he was prompted to inform the hotel owner who informed the police about the horrible accident.
Geoffrey Odyek, a resident and neighbor to Pan Afric hotel said that their efforts to put out the fire with water didn’t yield any results.
The fire destroyed furniture, kitchen equipment among others.
The fire fighters arrived late at scene and they could not do much to save the property from perishing.
Manshur Suwed, the North Kyoga regional Police spokesman said that the police was notified of the incident but there was very little they could do because they don’t have a fire tender.
Last year, property worth millions of shillings was destroyed by fire at Kitgum Stage police post in Lira town.